Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Does e.l.f. makeup contain the regular toxic chemicals as do mainstream cosmetic companies?

You'd never know. Cosmetic companies are not obligated to list every single ingredient on their packaging because they'r enot FDA approved.Does e.l.f. makeup contain the regular toxic chemicals as do mainstream cosmetic companies?
I agree that cosmetics are completely unregulated by the FDA( just google/READ about makeup %26amp; FDA guidelines about lack of regulation). Logically looking at this, ELF is able to sell its product at such low $.. it's probable that there are toxins in it as well but by what dosage? we don't know yet! Report Abuse
Does e.l.f. makeup contain the regular toxic chemicals as do mainstream cosmetic companies?
Some Decent brands I recommend for makeup: Aveda, Dr Hauschka, Martin Gebhardt Skin = Organic cosmetic line... i suggest to read about each line's product %26amp; their organic statements before purchasing it but I personally like Dr Hauschka. Report Abuse

I'm assuming they do because those ingredients are cheaper and that's why they can only charge $1.00 for their products. Although, I do know they don't test their products on animals.
I'm not really sure about the chemicals in ELF makeup, though I'm 99% sure they are not organic so they have at least some chemicals in there. But I do know they do not test on animals.
Unfortunately it appears that they do. It is so frustrating that these toxins are included in make up. We know things get absorbed through the skin, or we wouldn't have the nicotine patch, or birth control patch. Why put that in make up? If you find a good make up free of this, let me know.
  • skin cancer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    thin skin