Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How can I get my makeup company started?

I'm 11 (almost 12) and I'm going to start a real makeup company with my friend. I'm really smart (straight A's) and I'd like to start locally. I need the chemicals to make quality lip gloss and nail polish, the two things I think are easiest. I also want to have like a catalog to send to homes bimonthly once I get popular. I already know where to order containers to hold the makeup. No, I'm not some silly kid who thinks I can start a real company. I'm serious about this!


Where can I get chemicals to make nail polish and lip gloss?





I have other questions, like publishing catalogs, other makeup, and sellin in stores. But I don't think I'll need the info just yet.How can I get my makeup company started?
No offense, but I've just done a uni dissertation on the cosmetics industry (COTY, specifically). It's an incredibly expensive field to get into, very competitive, and even well-funded companies that get into the industry tend to fail pretty quickly. Not to mention that the middle of a recession is the worst time to try and start a company.





What I would recommend is to enjoy your youth now, go to college and then University, and do a degree in business management. Hopefully by then the economy will have cleared up a bit and you'll also have a much broader understanding of business and such.





P.s. even if you could get hold of the required chemicals and such to create cosmetics now, you'd have to go through a whole load of legal minefields and safety testing first, which can take years from submitting a product to actually getting it into production.





Just my two cents :)How can I get my makeup company started?
well you don't necessarily need chemicals to make make up. you can find recipes for makeup, and nowadays a lot of people like homemade, natural type things. also, to start off your business, make a website. give out adds to people in your school and tell your friends to tell people. you can offer free samples and stuff to get people to try it, and if they like it they'll buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
thin skin