Saturday, December 5, 2009

Is there any makeup companies aimed at Redheads?

It's so impossible to find good makeup for redheads and it makes me mad. Lots of companies are aimed at blondes and brunnetss mostly.


The mascara is always too dark for me. NO ONE sells brown mascara only black and dark black (is there a difference??)


And since most redheads have fair skin and blush easily, foundation looks really weird. I look all blotchy if I miss places.





Please help me, is there any good makeup companies aimed or have makeup for redheads?Is there any makeup companies aimed at Redheads?
Loreal makes brown mascara, so does maybelline. It tends to be closer to the floor when you look at the make up wall at the drugstore.


What youre saying about foundation applies to anyone who applies it badly. Try cover girl trublend foundation - its the only one that has worked well for me as far as matching my blue AND yellow skin.





Good luckIs there any makeup companies aimed at Redheads?
Actually, loads of companies carry brown mascaras (Rimmel, Mary Kay, Avon, Mark, Covergirl, and L'Oreal, to name a few). Try looking a bit harder next time (and if you want to confirm it before you leave the house, research some mascaras online and see which formulas you like come in brown).


If your qualm with foundation is that you're covering up freckles and thats why you look splotchy, go with a tinted moisturizer. Otherwise, a good foundation should do the trick regardless of how fair you may be.





Also, a couple of campaigns ago, Avon had a little make up kit that you could buy and it was perfectly coordinated for your hair colour. Check it out and see if they still have it.


But to simply answer your question, yes there is a line of cosmetics exclusively for redheads.
Something that's weird for me is, I don't blush easily, I don't get sun burned at all, and my skin is really tan! I have red hair but don't even follow the stereotype!





I use pink blush or tanner on my cheeks, and I just use a little cover up when I need it. I also use golden eyeshadow, which makes my eyes look really pretty (I have brown eyes and it brings out the color). Actually, Maybelline:Great Lash sells brown and black brown! (I prefer black)
My mom is a redhead and she buys all of her makeup from Avon and mark. cosmetics (Avon owns mark.).


This is the mascara she uses and it's pretty light colored:


http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?s鈥?/a>





As for foundation, I would suggest a mineral powder type since it blends easier than liquid and it's A LOT better for your skin - no chemicals or fillers. Liquid foundation harbors bacteria and can make you break out. Yuck. Try this:


http://shop.avon.com/shop/product_list.a鈥?/a> - My mom wears the shade Smooth Ivory, it's the lightest one they have - it's very light and it's not blotchy or anything. You will probably need the kabuki brush shown on here to apply it right. Avon also offer 100% satisfaction guarantee so if you don't like the makeup you can just get a refund or exchange no questions asked. If you buy from the woman on these sites above you also get free samples and 50% off shipping.





I hope this helped you out!





(the glazewear lip glosses are also on sale - I just noticed! $1.99 each. I think I'm going to order some!)


http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?s鈥?/a>
Maybelline and Covergirl both have brown mascaras. I'm a redhead too and I wear the lightest shade of foundation i can find. If you have trouble with missing places, maybe you could go for a light powder instead, or maybe a mineral powder. That's what my younger sister wears.
Try bareescentuals mineral make up





Works for everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
thin skin