Friday, December 11, 2009

Would you be insulted if your company paid for a makeup workshop for female sales people?

If your company asked the female sales force to go to a company-paid $500 class in makeup and beauty, would you be insulted or feel it was discriminating?Would you be insulted if your company paid for a makeup workshop for female sales people?
I realize you are probably looking for the male point of view, but I would not be insulted, nor should a man. A saleswoman that is neat and well made-up is an asset to the company. No woman is going to buy make-up or clothing, especially, from a dowdy-looking female salesclerk. However, I do agree that the company should also provide males with a similar service, such as haircuts, perhaps, and manicures. The only discrimination here would be the price. Unfortunately, it costs a woman more to look good than it does a man.Would you be insulted if your company paid for a makeup workshop for female sales people?
Maybe you could suggest the company have a men's grooming and wardrobe day.
I wouldn't be insulted unless I was a man. I don't wear much makeup, but I think it would be nice for a company to pay for a class like that. But if I were a man, I would expect that the company should do something for me as well. Like give all the men paid massages for stress or something like that.
Nope.





But then I need all the help I can get!
yes i look way worse than my female counterparts.
Welll if they did that for ALL the females no why would i be insulted?? But if i were a man, it depends if they gave something to the men or not, if the women got all the attention then yeah i would feel a little insulted. But then again, it has always been the women that have been discriminated in jobs, so its nice to see them treated special but 500 dollars is bit too much, dont you thinkk??

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
thin skin